Choose the best shoes

Have you ever gone for walking? That is great because it is the best way to improve your health. So, you must choose the best walking shoes for men to wear if (men)

Thứ Tư, 7 tháng 4, 2010

reddish-brown hide, blue noses, crescent-crested helms

Here's my take on yesterday's question about the cover art from B2 The Keep on the Borderlands.


Above is a detail from a cleaner image of the cover art . Below is info from pages 52 and 53 from the first edition Monster Manual.


"The hairy hides of hobgoblins range from dark reddish-brown to grey black. Their faces are bright red-orange to red. Large males will have blue noses."



Obviously those three baddies can be whatever you want them to be, but I've been convinced they're hobgoblins ever since I got the Monster Manual back in '81 or '82.  I will grant that the guys on the cover of B2 have more piggish noses than the MM pictures.  Also, it looks like AD&D hobgoblins are more insistent that the troops wear pants.

Anyway, this whole thing came up because in the past couple of weeks I ran across offhand remarks suggesting those were orcs on the cover.  I was curious if I was the only one who thought they were hobgobs.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

About Me

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates